Home Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sim Racing » AUTOMOBILISTA » EVENTS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:56 am 

Our plans got derailed a little bit when the AMS v1.4 release with the 2017 F1 car got delayed by at least two weeks (it was supposed to be released at the end of April). We were going to use the 2017 F1 car for our next Sunday league.

This thread will be used for two purposes: to discuss and announce non-league Sunday races when we are between leagues, and to discuss cars and tracks for the next league.

OK, go!

:D

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:11 am 

So this Sunday, May 7 we are going to race the Lancer RS at Putnam Park. I think the format is going to be two 20 minute sprints with reverse grid (from Race 1 results) for Race 2.

Next Sunday will also be a non-league race, so we need to come up with a combo. I would like to nominate three combos.

I've always found Spielberg (A1 Ring / Red Bull Ring) to be far trickier than it appears at first glance. Every corner is tricky in its own way and it has been a frustrating track for me. But recently I drove a couple of cars there that were fantastic. I drove the MCR S2000 at Spielberg and it was the most fun I've ever had at that track. I also drove the Formula Retro there and it was surprising fun as well.

I would like to suggest to everyone to try these three combos and let me know what you think:

1. MCR S2000 at Spielberg
2. Formula Retro at Spielberg
3. Formula Retro at Spielberg Historic 1974 GP

Spielberg 1974 (no chicane) is the Formula Retro at its most fun. An extremely fast flowing track with no heavy braking to hairpin speeds that can be a little tricky with the Retro.

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:26 am 

Neal also mentioned in another thread to use the Metalmoro MR18 for a Sunday league, so we'll take up that discussion here.

I want to like the Metalmoro—I love the idea of a mini-prototype with downforce, like Neal said kind of an "F3" version of a prototype. But the Metalmoro is just a little too strange in its handling for me to like it. The original version was much worse—everyone complained that the rear end would inexplicably snap out—but Reiza improved it a lot and it's a decent car now, but I still don't love it. I want a car with the speed of the Metalmoro and stability of the MCR S2000 (great car but a little slow).

So I am up for a one-off Sunday race with the Metalmoro but not enthusiastic about a whole league with this car. But if we get maybe at least four people enthusiastic about the Metalmoro and no strong objections, it's doable.

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:58 pm 
Donate_3yr
Donate_3yr

Hey Koba, another car I've tried that is really nice too is the Ultima prototype. Looking at the specs this is more in the class of a P2 IINM.

How I've managed to miss the historic version of Spielberg I really don't know but it is a wonderful track as you say. No bloody annoying chicanes, super fast and flowing, it is a delight to drive, and the Ultima is really nice around a track like this. However having also tried the Metalmoro around this track, surprisingly I have to say I prefer it. For me at least the feelihg is equally as good as in the F3 (another Brazillian car) car and I probably trust it more than the Ultima when pushing hard. hehe you should have heard me cooing in delight :P

I find that interesting that you feel there is a problem with MR18's stability considering, as I said, I can happily push it really hard. Maybe it is just the setup you are using as it seems to me Reiza ship the default setup with a loose backend on a lot of cars.
Edit to add
I just tried the MCR around Spielberg and it is also very very nice, just a little slow IMO for this track as it feels less of a challenge than the two cars mentioned above. Still I'd happily enjoy a league with this car too. :D

Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:01 pm 

I really like the Ultima GTR Race (not the road versions), it's fun and challenging and I want to race it, but it doesn't seem to be a very popular car.

It's not that I have a problem with stability with the Metalmoro (it originally did have a problem but it's been fixed). It's hard to describe but the handling just isn't as fun as a lot of other cars in AMS. In particular I love the Brit Pack cars. To me this was a huge addition to the game.

I tried the Metalmoro at Spielberg 1974. For me it's a good combo—I like a flowing track for this car, although I still think the Formula Retro is more fun on this track.

Anyway, since no one else is chiming in, let's race the Metalmoro next Sunday (unless Rick has another idea), and you can pick the track. I recommend sticking with the native AMS tracks because I'd like to keep the server open for these one-off races and using a native track increases the odds of getting some random people to join the race.

Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:49 pm 
Donate_3yr
Donate_3yr

Quote:
and you can pick the track

Its a no brainer for Spielberg 74 AFAIC. :D

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:22 am 

OK here's the next non-league race coming up:

Date: Sunday, May 14
Qualy: 8:00 pm BST (GMT+1)
Race: 8:15 pm
Car: Metalmoro MR18
Track: Spielberg Historic 1974 GP
Length: 45 minutes

:twisted:

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:07 am 

Sorry to be a pain but could you also post times.

Look at one of my events for example here.

I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job Koba :roll:

Processor: i7-7700K CPU OC'd 4.6GHz
Video: 1080 Ti
RAM: 16 GB
Wheel: Fanatec CSW V2
Rims: Porsche 918 RSR & Formula Black
Pedals: Fanatec ClubSport V2
Rig: rSeat Evo V3
Screens: Acer Predator Z35P Ultrawide
VR: Rift & Vive

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:02 pm 

Fair enough. Post edited.

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:26 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

TOCA2FREAK wrote:
Sorry to be a pain but could you also post times.

Look at one of my events for example here.

I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job Koba :roll:

KOBA HES TRYING TO TELL YOU HOW TO DO YOUR JOB MATE :shock: :shock:

128gb ssd and 500gb sata 3
Asus gtx 660 2gb oc
T300 / F1 rim and GT rim
24" Samsung, LED and 23" LG LED

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Board index » Sim Racing » AUTOMOBILISTA » EVENTS