Home Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sim Racing » AUTOMOBILISTA » EVENTS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:37 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

TOCA2FREAK wrote:
[PRC]RICK wrote:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that would be no it doesn't work without been logged in. :shock: :shock:

Doesn't everyone have a RD account? :roll: :mrgreen:

that would be a NO :shock:

128gb ssd and 500gb sata 3
Asus gtx 660 2gb oc
T300 / F1 rim and GT rim
24" Samsung, LED and 23" LG LED

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:31 pm 

My race:

Processor: i7-7700K CPU OC'd 4.6GHz
Video: 1080 Ti
RAM: 16 GB
Wheel: Fanatec CSW V2
Rims: Porsche 918 RSR & Formula Black
Pedals: Fanatec ClubSport V2
Rig: rSeat Evo V3
Screens: Acer Predator Z35P Ultrawide
VR: Rift & Vive

Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:26 pm 
Donator_4yr_special
Donator_4yr_special

Another fun race at Jo'burg this week, well done Kevin. Had a bad start got some aero damage, then hit someone in a blue car who was having major problems, i could have avoided if i slowed down a bit but...
then got a puncture and forgot about it loading me with fuel, then had a drive through penalty for speed in pit i think. Apart from that it was fun had few good battles. nice to see a good turn out.

Chick

Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:51 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Chicken wrote:
Another fun race at Jo'burg this week, well done Kevin. Had a bad start got some aero damage, then hit someone in a blue car who was having major problems, i could have avoided if i slowed down a bit but...
then got a puncture and forgot about it loading me with fuel, then had a drive through penalty for speed in pit i think. Apart from that it was fun had few good battles. nice to see a good turn out.

Chick

So good race then :lol: :lol:

Just to round off your evening this is in the wrong thread as well. :lol:

128gb ssd and 500gb sata 3
Asus gtx 660 2gb oc
T300 / F1 rim and GT rim
24" Samsung, LED and 23" LG LED

Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:04 pm 
Donate_3yr
Donate_3yr

That was the worst event I've attended here at PRC. I think half the pack behind me ended up hitting me at the start, leaving me badly damaged and facing the wrong way and I don't think I even got to the S/F line. :(
So I honestly cannot say I am glad for the influx of new racers when more than half of them don't finish either. It's left me completely jaded. :cry:

Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:40 pm 

Sorry to hear that Neal. :(

After watching the replay I see you had a bad get away with a lot of wheel spin which nearly put you into the wall. The same happened to Kay just in front of you but his spin caused him to come across and hit Chicken. After that it was inevitable that there would be a pile up, as the cars behind had better starts so were up to speed with the cars further behind being blinded by what was happening. So to me nothing looked like it was intentional.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:25 pm 
Donate_3yr
Donate_3yr

Maybe so Kevin, but I wasn't thinking it was intentional. AFAIR I didn't actually run into anyone directly despite what happened in front of me so it was possible to avoid collision if paying proper and full care and attention to what was happening around us. If they were blinded to what was happening ahead then they should have slowed even more if they did at all. You rarely see this as you nearly always start at the head of the pack. I see this all to often because I start in the middle of the pack unless I decide not to qualify. hey ho :roll:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:51 pm 

I do know what it's like starting further back in the pack from when I race at other clubs/iRacing and when I first started sim racing. ;)

I'm not putting blame anywhere, I'm just saying how I saw it in the replay and was concerned by your post that you are put off racing at PRC. :cry:

At the start of a race everyone is pumped up and wants to get a good getaway to make up positions as it is one way to make a few places in the most amount of time. Again I feel with the circumstances of what happened at the start it was most likely that there would have been a coming together. We also need to run open servers to try and grow the community here, as it's a good way to maybe recruit new members by telling them about the club in chat. Sadly this will also result, maybe, in new/inexperienced drivers to show up.

However when it comes to PRC running another league hopefully this sort of thing will become less of a problem as hopefully new drivers in the league will read the rules (yet to be written) and will be told in the server before the race starts of race procedures. (Easier done in TS, so maybe next league will be mandatory to be on TS).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Board index » Sim Racing » AUTOMOBILISTA » EVENTS