Home Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sim Racing » AUTOMOBILISTA » EVENTS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:46 am 

Thanks Koba - I thought last night was a great start to the Club Challenge series. Excellent close racing through the field and everyone seemed to really enjoy it.

I was personally gutted after that 2nd race. One of the worst for me personally in a long time. Got a great start and was up behind Neal after the first corner. Was being really careful to leave space but Kev started pressuring me from behind so while fending him off I went a bit too close to Neal on the first bend, lost the rear when he slowed more than me mid corner and I tried to correct which led to me hitting him. Got back up and running OK and was again behind Neal. I left way more space on the first corner this time but he slowed even more and my avoiding action worked this time but took me off. Picked myself back up then it happened again with RWB Banksy - I'd leave what I thought was enough space for my quicker line in the first corner but it just evaporated, just at the point braking safely wasn't an option and again I went off avoiding a collision. By that point I was miles behind but clawed back from 14th place to 9th. Then came the kicker - thought the race was over and there was one more lap - flew into the sand first corner and that was that.

Anyway - RWB will be back next week and got some catching up to do :)

Cheers.

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:45 pm 
Donate_3yr
Donate_3yr

What a great start to this series and great success this first event turned out to be with 16 of us in the race.
Given the unfriendly nature of this little car we used there was always great potential for an attritional race and for me it proved to be so, more the second race than the first. With this also being a club rather than individual competition it also brought an interesting new aspect regarding how teammates work with each other, or not. In the first race I got totally screwed by not seeing the lights and missing the start, and immediately lost several places but I managed to avoid most of the problems of spinning cars and was pretty happy overall to finish 6th and points for the team. The second race I started much better and found myself behind hashey. I had a better pace but he made it very difficult to do a clean overtake. Then sadly I got involved in the attrition that started with the bump from Rodders, and later got caught up with Andy's spin who collected Mary Poppins who I then could not avoid which unluckily turned me facing the wrong direction and I had to wait for several cars to pass before I could get going again. The only mistake I made was following Rick allowing me to pass, but I got a little greedy on T1 applying the power just a fraction too early and spun out after much hard work but finally finished with a 9th.
This was a great start to this series and I'm really looking forward to the coming F3 race at Okoyama. Well done everyone it was a real pleasure racing with you all. :D

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:14 pm 

Yes great racing. Happy with my results. :D

My race 1:

My race 2:

Processor: i7-7700K CPU OC'd 4.6GHz
Video: 1080 Ti
RAM: 16 GB
Wheel: Fanatec CSW V2
Rims: Porsche 918 RSR & Formula Black
Pedals: Fanatec ClubSport V2
Rig: rSeat Evo V3
Screens: Acer Predator Z35P Ultrawide
VR: Rift & Vive

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:42 am 
Donator_1yr
Donator_1yr

hi guys I haven't signed up for this as yet because I wanst sure of being able to make some of the races.i think I can make the rest of them but not 100% sure.
if this is ok I would like to sign up to race for prc

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:48 pm 

martin wrote:
hi guys I haven't signed up for this as yet because I wanst sure of being able to make some of the races.i think I can make the rest of them but not 100% sure.
if this is ok I would like to sign up to race for prc

Cool, good to have you on the team. It's fine if you can't make all the races.

Check out Kevin's video of Race 2 above to see how the first event went.

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:43 pm 
Donator_1yr
Donator_1yr

thanks koba I will try my best for prc

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:30 am 

Rodders, can you tell me or find out what flag the following guys want to fly in the champ table:
3vil
Audi
Banksy
Helmit00
Jamie
minimilla

Kevin, can you tell me or find out what flag the following guys want to fly in the champ table:
Nathan Hoyle
Steve Jones
Zachary Royall

Remember UK guys can choose between the Union Jack Image, Flag of England Image or the Flag of Scotland Image. If anyone is in Guernsey, I got a flag for that Image. If anyone else is in the Isle of Man or other goofy non-UK-but-still-British island, I can make a flag.

I've done other nationality-not-country flags like Catalunya Image and Corsica Image. Show your national pride!

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:01 am 

In the OP I noted that just in case the 2017 F1 car isn't ready in time for the last round (there's a slight possibility AMS v1.4 will be released before the 2017 car is ready), we will race the F-Reiza or F-Extreme. I think someone mentioned that Rodders is not in favor of the F-Extreme. In the beta available now, the F-Extreme is using the new ERS model where the torque from the electric motor doesn't come in until you're in the higher gears. That plus faster shifts makes the throttle much smoother than before. Rodders, try the F-Extreme in the beta and see how you like it. If the F-Extreme with the new ERS model is available and the 2017 F1 car is not, I definitely prefer to drive the F-Extreme (instead of the F-Reiza) for the last round.

:idea:

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:59 pm 

Nathan Hoyle (Union Jack)
Steve Jones (England)
Zachary Royall (Union Jack)

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:17 pm 

Sadly I'm gonna miss race tonight. Been awake since 3am for work. Still in London and won't be home till late where I will just collapse in my bed. :|

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Board index » Sim Racing » AUTOMOBILISTA » EVENTS